check the ballbusting updates here

Thread: Cosmo gives ball crushing as advice to get even with a cheating boyfriend.

Hybrid View

Supreme Poster carnivorous_daisy's Avatar
    It seems reasonable to deduce that the existence of our community and undeniable growth over the past few decades has been much aided or almost entirely created by the ideas allowed to propagate within what is quickly becoming a global culture.

The separation between sexual identity and non-sexual identity is not as distinct as what HR departments and churches would have people believe. Everything affects everything in some way. Nothing is outside the realm of causality of another thing. Considering that(or disregarding that, if you choose), does anyone here think that perhaps any cultural factors(laws, politics, TV shows, movies, workplaces) shaped what we have become, and that our culture is creating more of us? And what are the consequences of that?

Big Supporter
    "Feminists" is a pretty broad term, covers a lot of people. Many of them are motivated by anger and bear the attitudes you describe... but there are others who are wiser and more well rounded in their approach. Having spent many years studying social sciences and humanities at a major university, I've had the privilege of knowing many such people.

My feminist friends are, for the most part, compassionate and not man hating. A few are. And I know that there are many others around who wouldn't even be able to be my friend, so there's a clear selection bias in the feminists I've encountered.

Suffice it to say that both exist. Many feminists want to end violence against everyone. Others want to work with intelligent and compassionate men (and non-men), powerful in their own right, collaborating for the purposes of mutual liberation and the downfall of patriarchal apparati...

All depends on which "feminism" we're talking about.

Btw, most my feminist friends to whom I've talked about ballbusting have accepted it as a fetish without judgement but for the most part not been terribly interested in doing it themselves. One mentioned how a past boyfriend of hers was into it, and she didn't mind squeezing his nuts for him but it didn't really do anything for her in particular. A couple of them are into it themselves. But anyway the smart feminists at least are united in not just thinking it's "weird."

Quote Originally Posted by One from the Vaults View Post
    "Feminists" is a pretty broad term, covers a lot of people. Many of them are motivated by anger and bear the attitudes you describe... but there are others who are wiser and more well rounded in their approach. Having spent many years studying social sciences and humanities at a major university, I've had the privilege of knowing many such people.

My feminist friends are, for the most part, compassionate and not man hating. A few are. And I know that there are many others around who wouldn't even be able to be my friend, so there's a clear selection bias in the feminists I've encountered.

Suffice it to say that both exist. Many feminists want to end violence against everyone. Others want to work with intelligent and compassionate men (and non-men), powerful in their own right, collaborating for the purposes of mutual liberation and the downfall of patriarchal apparati...

All depends on which "feminism" we're talking about.

Btw, most my feminist friends to whom I've talked about ballbusting have accepted it as a fetish without judgement but for the most part not been terribly interested in doing it themselves. One mentioned how a past boyfriend of hers was into it, and she didn't mind squeezing his nuts for him but it didn't really do anything for her in particular. A couple of them are into it themselves. But anyway the smart feminists at least are united in not just thinking it's "weird."
    I'm sure there are also moderate n@zi's. Doesn't change that the movement itself is one of hate.

@ One from the Vaults:

I do understand what you mean about the broadness of the term, as feminism is our culture is ubiquitous.

Big Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by carnivorous_daisy View Post
    I'm sure there are also moderate n@zi's. Doesn't change that the movement itself is one of hate.
    There's not just one movement. Anarcho-feminists and liberal feminists really have little in common.

One of the ways it's characterised is in terms of "waves," which occludes the complexity and simultaneity of many movements, but remains a useful way to explain some of the differences...

In the early 20th century, First Wave feminists felt that women ought to count as people, and should have the right to vote.

In the 60s, Second Wave feminists felt that institutional oppression against women, most obviously characterised by the income gap, must be rectified. Some second wavers were quite militant and anti-male, though far from all of them.

In the 90s, Third Wave feminists realised that power and oppression are not exclusively a thing of men dominating women, but that similar dynamics are occurring due to sexual orientation, race, etc. Their interest was then in intersectionality (how various aspects of identity combine) and complexity. Here's where to go to find interesting, well argued philosophy, and very little man hating. Some Second Wavers believe that Third Wavers have missed the point, even accusing them of not being angry enough at male oppression.

Over the past few years we now have a Fourth Wave of feminists, specifically focusing on issues surrounding sexual assault, **** culture and the like. Slut Walk is a major hallmark of this (and originated in my city, I'd like to point out -- I've met some of the organisers).

The Fourth Wavers are the ones most active on the internet, while the Third Wavers are the ones most active in the universities. I wouldn't characterise the Fourth Wave as based on "hate" so much as it is based on *anger*. That is, they're used to seeing violence against women trivialised and ignored, and they're pissed off about it and trying to do something to change that. And they may even be succeeding. Though yes, many of them are not exactly being reasonable, and some can fairly be described as bigots.

Big Supporter

Just look at these Nazis jackbooting through our fine streets... clearly they must be stopped (and chatted with).